Welcome to my blog site where I am discussing how the food choices we make affect the world we live in. That includes everything from our health, the environment and our climate to our level of compassion for other beings and even our spirituality. I hope that you the reader will enjoy this journey as we both explore these facets together.
But first, a little about me. I am a:
|With Dr. Michael Greger|
- Graduate of the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies at Cornell University
- Graduate of the Rouxbe Cooking School in a program sponsored by Forks Over Knives
- Past President and current Vice President of the widely regarded 500+ member Eat Smart Live Longer Club in Bluffton, SC
- Writer of a monthly column titled Food Matters for the Bluffton Sun
- Regular contributor to Health Sciences, a quarterly publication of the National Health Association
- Graduate of the Nutrition, Health and Lifestyle Program at Vanderbilt University
In my spare time, I enjoy my daughter's family, including my three grandchildren in Savannah, I hike, bike, play pickleball and generally try to stay active. I had a career in science at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, which I retired from as the Manager of Quality and Performance Management, responsible for deploying methodologies for improved quality and performance management on scientific work performed across the $1 billion a year research and development laboratory.
With my best regards,
J Lanning Smith (Jim)
|Here I am with Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his wife, Karen|